Saturday, September 09, 2006

the gifted children

for the past month, due to techincal difficulties with my car cd player(i think a paper labeled wedding parting gift cd got stuck and sequestered the last to cd's), I have only been able to play two CD's and I have a weekly commute from Plattsburgh, NY to Albany, NY that takes me through a radio dead zone in the adirondacks that limits me to some evangelical jiber jabber, Vermont NPR ( which plays mostly classical), E-Z listening ( usually Delilah at night...you all must know the show). What are those CD's you ask? one is a cd compilations of some current hip-hop stuff from a white co-worker who wanted to drop some knowledge on me...its OK the only artists i recognize are kanye west and Jay-z. the other is Color fast Anthems by the gifted children. so I have had a chance to listen to this cd alot in the past few weeks...I have to say that at 2 in the morning driving from albany to plattsburgh last night it dawned on me this is a nice nice little disc both musically and lyrically...those of you that have a copy hanging around...take a listen...it takes you back to your college days and i hope gives you a good visceral feeling of how those time were and what we were like and doing back then...i have a few cds that i pop in everonce in while to go back those times good or bad...red house painters- songs for a blue guitar. Radiohead- the bends. REM- Automatic for the people. Ani Difranco - out of range. Barenaked ladies - gordon... i now have to say that i will add color fast anthems to that list...i have no reason to make this assertion or do I? (well maybe I do...as reunion weekend is coming up and i might crash with jeff) i am not sure what the artists think about this cd now...they have definetly evolved since then...i will keep it some where with in reach...definetly as mp3's on my carputer...carputer? yeah, a new project i am working on and will post pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home