Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This one's for the falcon

Whatever happened to Hum? Apparently, they no longer exist - a while ago I bought an album called "Glifted" by one of their former members (a disappointment), and another band member started a new band called Centaur. Hum had a reunion concert in Champaign, IL, last fall, and it's too bad I don't live over there, because I'll bet it was an awesome show. I've only heard the album Downward is Heavenward, but it's definitely one of my fave albums of the 90s (and the singing on "If You Are To Bloom" sounds eerily similar to the vocal stylings of the falcon). Anyway, it seems that Matt Talbott, former singer/guitarist for Hum, runs his own analog recording studio near Champaign, and it looks pretty cool. Check it out...it's a ways from you in Rochester, falcon-dude, but if you ever get a chance to vacation and you have a wad of cash, it seems like a pretty sweet place to throw down a few tracks.

1 Comments:

At 17 May, 2006 12:41, Blogger Chris said...

My Bloody Valentine is one of those (numerous) bands that totally passed me by. They wrote the song made famous by Lost in Translation, I think. Admittedly, I don't think I gave Glifted enough of a chance. Probably listened to it twice. If I remember correctly, there weren't enough catchy melodies throughout the album to hold my interest. I'll give it another spin soon.

What's the deal with this studio you've been building? You should post some pics of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home